CAF General Assembly Opens with Exco Meeting
BY KUNLE SOLAJA
Confederation of African Football (CAF) delegates are settling down in Addis, Ethiopia as the time ticks to Thursday for a potentially dramatic election into the executive committee. President of AIPS, Africa, Mitchell Obi, reports that the executive committee meeting of the body has commenced.
However, Nigeria has no representative on the committee and will only hope to make a dramatic re-entry after Thursday’s election.
In the 60 year old history of the continental body, only two Nigerians – Etubom Oyo Orok Orok and Amos Adamu had been members of the executive committee.
Nigeria’s football boss, Amaju Pinnick is gunning for a place in the executive committee and has to contend with incumbent, Moucharaf Anjorin who in the past elections defeated Nigeria’s duo of Ibrahim Galadima and Aminu Maigari.
According to Mitchell Obi, Anjorin was on Monday night seen in high spirits and exchanging pleasantries with many around. He is also the chairman of media committee of CAF and reputed for his loyalty and dedicated service to Issa Hayatou.
Leave a Reply
Leave a Reply
FIFA Women’s World Cup: Waldrum invites Ebi, Oshoala, Ajibade, 20 Others for Haiti & New Zealand
PSG owner, Al-Khelaifi, vows not to let Messi and Mbappe leave
Super Falcons ready for FIFA Women’s World Cup Challenge, Says Gusau
- Mohamed Salah tipped for Ballon d’Or by former winner as “best in the world” on
- ODION IGHALO’S MAN UTD MOVE IS BIGGEST NEWS OF JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW- AFP on
- Nigeria’s Akingbemisilu dazzles at International Table tennis Masters Para Open in Italy on
- Usman humble in defeat to Edwards in UFC welterweight belt on
- Egypt 2023: CAF appoints Libyan referee Ahmed for Nigeria, The Gambia duel on
March 14, 2017 6:31pm at 6:31 pm
Excos please let it be objectivity and not politics please for the sake of our football. Happy deliberations