Although not formally revealed by the Nigeria Football Federation, Nigeria reportedly protested the defeat by Guinea against the Olympic Eagles in the last hurdle for the qualification for the U-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco.
Nigeria allegedly protested that Guinea fielded over-aged players in their last matches. Guinea beat Nigeria 2-0 on aggregate. The player Nigeria called out is Fode Camara.
But with the draw holding this Friday and Guinea, being one of the qualified teams whose profiles are highlighted, the NFF protest, if at all, may have been thrown out.
The draw will hold this Friday in Rabat, Morocco.
The eight qualified teams are Morocco (host), Egypt, Niger, Guinea, Congo, Ghana, Mali and Gabon.
Ranking will be employed in the draw as the host team, Morocco will be in position A1 and the holder of the title Egypt will be in position B1 Ghana and Mali who qualified to the last edition will be in level 2
The remaining teams will be in level 3.
The procedures run thus:
Pot 1 will have the 2 teams of level 2: Ghana & Mali.
• The 1st team drawn will go to the position A2.
• The 2nd team drawn will go to the position B2.
Pot 2 will have the 4 teams of level 3: Niger – Guinea – Congo & Gabon
• The 1st team drawn will go to the position A3.
• The 2nd team drawn will go to the position B3.
• The 3rd team drawn will go to the position A4.
• The 4th team drawn will go to the position B4