• Four of Croatia’s last five FIFA World Cup knockout matches have gone into extra time.
• This is Croatia’s first FIFA World Cup knockout match against South American opposition.
• Croatia have been successful in seven of their previous nine FIFA World Cup knockout matches.
• Croatia have not failed to score in their previous nine FIFA World Cup knockout matches.
• This is Brazil’s 14th FIFA World Cup quarter-final, the joint-most alongside Germany.
Brazil have been successful in eight of their previous 13 quarter-finals.
• Brazil have lost three of their last four FIFA World Cup quarter-finals (Won 1). All three defeats came against European opposition.
• This is Brazil’s eighth successive appearance in the FIFA World Cup quarter-finals – the last time they didn’t feature at this stage was in 1990.