The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced that the new hosts to replace Guinea for the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations will emerge on 10 February next year.
The football governing body has sent a notice to the member associations to express their interest in hosting the competition that has become irregular either in terms of host countries or dates since 2012.
A timetable leading to the announcement of the host country or countries is given thus:
– 11 November 2022: Deadline for submitting the Declaration of Interest form
– 16 November 2022: Deadline for CAF to send the hosting documents to Member Associations that have declared their interest.
– 16 December 2022: Deadline for Member Associations to submit their final bid, including all bidding and hosting documents (hosting agreement, host cities agreement, Government guarantees)
– 05-25 January 2023: Inspection visits
– 10 February 2023: Appointment of Host Country/Countries by the CAF Executive Committee