The CAF Confederation Cup will deliver its qualified teams for the group stage play-offs this weekend after the second leg of the second preliminary round.
One of the attractions of these second leg matches will be the reception of Kwara United by RS Berkane. The defending champions, who lost the first leg 1-3, will have to fight hard to avoid an early exit. Elsewhere, the favourites held their own in the first leg, mostly on the road. Club Sfaxien, Club Africain and Pyramids are among them.
A former African champion is also in danger, Accra Hearts of Oak of Ghana slapped 3-0 by Real Bamako. Sporting Gagnoa will try to build on their 1-0 home win over JS Saoura, this time in Algeria. A trip to the country of the Fennecs is already complicated for Togo’s ASCK, who lost 0-2 to USM Alger in Lome.
Unlike the TotalEnergies Champions League, those who qualify at the end of the weekend will not go straight into the group stage. A final round is still in sight, the play-offs (still known as the additional second preliminary round) which will pit them against the Champions League eliminators.
Second round fixtures:
Second Round First Leg Results
- Kwara United (Nigeria) 3-1 RS Berkane (Morocco)
- SPORTING CLUB DE GAGNOA (Côte D’Ivoire) 1-0 JS Saoura (Algeria)
- ASCK (Togo) 0-2 U.S.M Alger (Algeria)
- AS Real de Bamako (Mali) 3-0 Accra Hearts of Oak (Ghana)
- Hilal Alsahil (Sudan) 0-2 Pyramids FC (Egypt)
- Fasil Kenema SC (Ethiopia) 0-0 CS Sfaxien (Tunisia)
- Association Sportive de Kigali (Rwanda) 0-0 El Nasr (Libya)
- KIPANGA FC (Zanzibar) 0-0 Club Africain (Tunisia)
- Al Akhder (Libya) 3-0 Azam Football Club (Tanzania)
- Royal AM FC (South Africa) 0-0 Zesco United FC (Zambia)
- FC Saint Eloi Lupopo (DR Congo) 2-0 GD Sagrada Esperança (Angola)
- St Michel United (Seychelles) 1-0 DC Motema Pembe (DR Congo)
- Ferroviario Da Beira (Mozambique) 2-1 CSM DIABLES NOIRS(Congo)
- ELGECO PLUS(Madagascar) 1-3 Marumo Gallants FC (South Africa)
- ASFAR Club (Morocco) 4-0 Anglogold Ashanti Golden Boys Siguiri (AAGBS) (Guinea)
- Kallon Football Club (Sierra Leone) 0-2 Future F.C. (Egypt)