Match-by-match facts and statistics ahead of the next round of Premier League fixtures from Sept. 16-18 (all times GMT):
Friday, Sept. 16
Aston Villa v Southampton (1900)
* Southampton have won 16 of their 40 Premier League matches against Villa (L15 D9).
* In their last meeting in the league, Villa defeated Southampton 4-0 at home.
* Villa are winless in the league this season after winning their first game, while Southampton have won twice in six games.
Nottingham Forest v Fulham (1900)
* This will be the first Premier League meeting between Forest and Fulham.
* The teams last met in the second-tier Championship, where Forest won 1-0 at Fulham in April this year.
* Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic (six goals) is second behind Erling Haaland (10) in the Premier League’s list of top scorers this season.
Saturday, Sept. 17
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester City (1130)
* City have won 10 of their 16 Premier League matches against Wolves (L4 D2).
* City won 5-1 at Wolves in their last league meeting in May this year.
* Wolves last defeated City in the league in December 2019, winning 3-2 at home.
Newcastle United v Bournemouth (1400)
* Newcastle have won four of their eight Premier League games against Bournemouth (L2 D2).
* Newcastle won 4-1 away to Bournemouth in their last league meeting in July 2020.
* Bournemouth last defeated Newcastle in the league in November 2017, winning 1-0 at St James’ Park.
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City (1630)
* Spurs have won four out of their last five league meetings with Leicester (L1)
* Four or more goals have been scored in the last three league meetings between the two sides.
* Bottom club Leicester have lost their last five league games.
Sunday, Sept. 18
Brentford v Arsenal (1100)
* Leaders Arsenal were handed their first defeat of the season by Manchester United in their last game, while Brentford are on a three-match unbeaten streak (W1 D2).
* Brentford won this fixture 2-0 last season, in what was the pair’s first Premier League encounter.
* Arsenal have won both London derbies they have played this season.
Everton v West Ham United (1315)
* West Ham are targeting a third consecutive win at Goodison Park, a feat they have never accomplished before.
* West Ham have won three of their last four league meetings with Everton (L1).
* Everton are winless in the Premier League so far, having drawn four and lost two of their opening six games.
Chelsea v Liverpool, Manchester United v Leeds United and Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace have been postponed ahead of Queen Elizabeth’s funeral on Monday.