Bayelsa Queens to know CAF Women’s Champions League opponents on Friday in Rabat￼
With the official draw for the CAF Women’s Champions League 2022 taking place on Friday, at Mohammed VI Technical Centre in Rabat, Morocco, the Nigerian and WAFU B champions, Bayelsa Queens will know the path that will take Nigerian women football back to continental glory.
The draw will be conducted at 11h30 local time, same time in Nigeria. Eight teams will participate in the tournament scheduled from 31 October 2022 to 13 November 2022 in Morocco, a country which hosted the successful Women’s Africa Cup of Nations last July.
The participating teams to the CAF Women’s Champions League have responded to the new CAF Club Licensing criteria and they represent all the six zonal unions. Four teams will discover the finals, namely:
- Green Buffaloes (Zambia): COSAFA Champions
- Determine Girls FC (Liberia): WAFU A Champions
- Simba Queens FC (Tanzania): CECAFA Champions
- Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria): WAFU B Champions
The other qualified teams are:
- AS FAR (Morocco): Host Club
- Wadi Degla FC (Egypt): UNAF Champions
- Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies (South Africa): CAF Women’s Champions League title holders and COSAFA runners up
To complete the number of participants, UNIFFAC representative will be revealed after the conclusion of the zonal tournament set to take place from 10 to 16 September 2022 in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea