Cristiano Ronaldo has been cautioned by police after angrily smashing an Autistic boy’s phone on the floor.
The Manchester United striker appeared to slap Jacob Harding’s hand as he left the pitch moments after his side were beaten 1-0 by Everton Everton at Goodison Park last season.
Ronaldo later apologised to the 14 year old and earlier this month the Portuguese star was interviewed by police under caution in relation to an alleged assault and criminal damage.
According to Mirror, in a statement on Wednesday Merseyside Police said: “We can confirm that a 37-year-old man voluntarily attended and was interviewed under caution in relation to an allegation of assault and criminal damage.
The allegation relates to an incident following the Everton v Manchester United football match at Goodison Park on Saturday 9 April.
“The matter has been dealt with by way of conditional caution. The matter has now concluded.” It is understood Ronaldo has agreed to pay compensation to the schoolboy.
After the incident the youngster’s mum Sarah Kelly said: “At full-time the United players started walking off. We were right by the tunnel – my son was there, videoing them all. Ronaldo then just walked past, with a terrible, terrible temper, and smashed the phone out of his hand.
“You can see by the bruise that he’s made contact. I was crying, I was shook up, Jacob was in complete shock – he’s autistic and he’s got dyspraxia as well, so he didn’t really digest what was happening until he’s come home.
He’s really upset and it’s put him off going to the game again. We had an absolutely brilliant