France international. Ousmane Dembele is reportedly now keen on signing for Manchester United – but Barcelona aren’t on board.
The France international, according to British newspaper, Mirror, has been linked with a shock move to Old Trafford as an alternative to the club’s number one target Jadon Sancho.
United have previously enquired about Dembele’s availability, but the former Borussia Dortmund forward snubbed their approaches.
Dembele has since fallen down the pecking order at the Camp Nou, and this, coupled with reports he has spoken to Paul Pogba about a move to Man United, suggest he’s had a change of heart.
According to French publication L’Equipe, Dembele is even said to be “enthusiastic” about the prospect of signing for the Red Devils.
But the update comes as Barcelona sporting director Ramon Planes poured cool water on speculation United have already made an approach.
“First of all, no negotiations with Manchester United at the moment,” he said. “Completely deny that. He’s a player we count on, we know his potential.
“We hope this year the team sees the best of him.”
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains determined to bring in new recruits before the window slams shut on October 5 after a poor start to the season.
But recently admitted he may have to work with what is readily available.
“We’ve lost loads of money as the other clubs have as well,” he said. “And when I talk about the squad depth, of course the performances didn’t warrant me giving more of them more options, the 11, 12 or 13 players who deserved to play, they played really well.
“I think it’s a different scenario now, I’ve seen many other of the other players who didn’t play too well the other season, play really well now.”