The election into the next cycle of NFF board originally fixed for September 29 has been moved to September 20, five days to the court hearing of the lingering power tussle in the organisation.
According to a media release from the NFF, the Electoral Committee has rolled out a new timetable for elections into the NFF Executive Committee of 2018 to 2022.
The current tenure of Amaju Pinnick is expected to end on September 30 while that of the contending Chris Giwa ends on August 26.
According to the statement, intending candidates are to buy and return forms within a fresh grace period of Friday, 17th and Friday, 24th August.
“According to the new timetable, screening of candidates will now be done between 27th and 29thAugust, with names of candidates to be published on Thursday, 30th August.
“Protests and appeals will be heard and treated between 4th and 6th September, after same must have been submitted between 31st August and 3rd September. Publication of final list of candidates will be done on Friday, 7th September.
“Elections into the NFF Executive Committee 2018-2022 will hold on Thursday, 20th September 2018.
“Consequent upon the resolutions of the NFF Extra-Ordinary General Assembly held in Benin City on Thursday, 2nd August 2018, the amendments to the 2018 Nigeria Football Federation Elections Time Table have been adopted by the Electoral Committee, as the statutory provisions of the 2010 NFF Statutes, NFF Electoral Code 2009 and Guidelines of Elections into the NFF 2018 have been suspended by the Congress”.
The media statement also inform that “in the event that any of the candidates to any of the offices becomes disqualified or incapacitated after being cleared by the Electoral Committee, the office will be reopened for a fresh nomination within a period of five days before the elections”.
AMENDED 2018 NIGERIA FOOTBALL FEDERATION ELECTIONS TIME TABLE
- Continuation of Sales, Endorsements and Return of Nomination Forms, Friday 17th– Friday, 24thAugust, 2018, by 9.00am-6:00pm daily.
- Screening of Candidature, Monday, 27th– Wednesday, 29th August, 2018, by 10:00am-5;00pm daily.
- Release of the names of candidates, Thursday, 30thAugust, 2018.
- Submission of Protests/Appeals Friday, 31stAugust – Monday, 3rd September, 2018.
- Hearing of Protests/Appeals, Tuesday, 4th– Thursday, 6th September, 2018.
- Release/Publication of the final list of Candidates, Friday, 7th September, 2018.
- 2018 NFF Elections, Thursday, 20thSeptember, 2018.