Portugal Names Airport After Ronaldo
Honour was Wednesday bestowed on Real Madrid and Portugal’s prolific striker, Cristiano Ronaldo. He now has an international airport named after him in his native Madeira Island.
Many guests and hundreds of fans attended the official ceremony of renaming the local airport as Aeroporto Cristiano Ronaldo.
Among the guests were Portugal’s president and the prime minister who flew to the island and unveiled a commemorative plaque outside the terminal entrance, above a bust of Ronaldo.
The 32-year-old Ronaldo is a local hero in Madeira, where he is seen as a rags-to-riches success. He already has a statue, a museum and a hotel named after him in Madeira.
“You know how proud I am of my roots, my homeland,” Ronaldo, wearing a dark suit and tie, said in a speech.
Leave a Reply
Leave a Reply
Boufal and Sabiri score to give Morocco 2-1 win over Brazil
Argentina FA training facility renamed after Messi
Iwobi says Nigeria will bounce back after shock loss to Guinea-Bissau
- ODION IGHALO’S MAN UTD MOVE IS BIGGEST NEWS OF JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW- AFP on
- Nigeria’s Akingbemisilu dazzles at International Table tennis Masters Para Open in Italy on
- Usman humble in defeat to Edwards in UFC welterweight belt on
- Egypt 2023: CAF appoints Libyan referee Ahmed for Nigeria, The Gambia duel on
- Spain’s most capped player, Sergio Ramos retires on
March 30, 2017 10:09pm at 10:09 pm
He surely deserves all the honour from an appreciative country