CAF Awards to Wear New Looks
The annual CAF Awards will receive a boost under the new regime in CAF, Amaju Pinnick has revealed.
The new member of the executive committee told the Sports Village Square that the show case will now be devoid of political colouration in line with similar event held annually by FIFA.
“Instead of making it a platform for politicians, it will now be that of sports personalities”, Pinnick told Sports Village Square.
Political figures in the host countries have always taken the centre stage at the presentations of awards to winners.
“This time around we will be looking at our legends to perform those important aspects for us. We have many legends in Africa and we have to get them involved in CAF activities”, said Pinnick.
He was particularly thrilled of the composition of the current executive which according to him comprise largely of people of like minds.
“Am excited to be in a body that has the likes of Danny Jordaan, Isha Johansen and Kwesi Nyantakyi among others.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Leave a Reply
FIFA Women’s World Cup: Waldrum invites Ebi, Oshoala, Ajibade, 20 Others for Haiti & New Zealand
PSG owner, Al-Khelaifi, vows not to let Messi and Mbappe leave
Super Falcons ready for FIFA Women’s World Cup Challenge, Says Gusau
- Mohamed Salah tipped for Ballon d’Or by former winner as “best in the world” on
- ODION IGHALO’S MAN UTD MOVE IS BIGGEST NEWS OF JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW- AFP on
- Nigeria’s Akingbemisilu dazzles at International Table tennis Masters Para Open in Italy on
- Usman humble in defeat to Edwards in UFC welterweight belt on
- Egypt 2023: CAF appoints Libyan referee Ahmed for Nigeria, The Gambia duel on
March 21, 2017 6:40am at 6:40 am
Great because if I see Flavour, some local football-clueless politician or one irrelevant GLO Senior Manager one more time I may just have a heart attack…………..
March 23, 2017 10:54pm at 10:54 pm
More like it. Thumbs up